The purpose of group travel arrangements is to facilitate the access of approved groups (ikastolas, schools, associations, etc.) to trains, trams, or cable cars.
Terms of purchase
- As a rule, a group must consist of at least 10 people. However, in the case of groups of children under 6 years of age, we may accept groups with fewer members to facilitate incident-free access to and exit from Euskotren facilities. Any other relevant aspect when applying for a group trip can be entered in the comment field. In any case, it is at the discretion of the Commercial Department to approve the group travel system for any given group.
- Euskotren Lines that issue Group Tickets: Funicular, Bilbao Tram, Gasteiz Tram, Topo, Bilbao-Donostia Line, Bermeo Branch Line, Txorierri and Line 3.
- If the trip combines Metro lines 1 or 2 with Line 3, the trip will be managed by Metro Bilbao.
- If you would like to apply for a trip that combines any other Euskotren line with Metro Bilbao lines 1 and 2, the two trips must be managed separately, one by Euskotren and the other by Metro Bilbao.
- Group trips are not available during special situations or events. If the trip is approved by Euskotren, the timetables and trains allocated must be observed.
- The group must travel together. In other words, all the members of the group must start and end the trip at the assigned stations.
- Seats are not guaranteed.
- Euskotren does not provide host services to groups.
- The trip may be one way or return, on the same day or different days.
- The prices applied to group trips do not include discounts based on age and children under the age of 6 must also pay.
- The price applied is the most economical personalised Barik, Bat or Mugi fare available at the time the estimate is issued. There is no discount for changing operators in the case of group trips.
- Groups with children under the age of 6 that, under the General Conditions of Contract, do not accept the payment of the fare for them, will not be considered as a Group for the purposes of this document. Therefore, they will travel as individuals and always in the company of an adult.
- The application for the trip must be submitted at least 48 working hours before the trip.
- Euskotren may cancel a trip due to exceptional circumstances, such as strikes, outages, etc., by refunding the fare.
- Once the group ticket has been generated, no changes or cancellations are allowed by the contracting party. You can only change the date to a date later than the start date. In this case, the trip must take place under the same conditions, within a maximum period of three months, provided that notification of the change of date is provided 24 hours before the trip and before 12:00 midday on a Friday or any day preceding a public holiday.
- Access to the means of transport will be facilitated by our agents or by Ticket Machines that will issue the tickets based on a tracking number. During the contracting process, Euskotren will establish which system is to be used.
- To pay the ticket by bank transfer, the Euskotren account number is BBVA: ES78 0182 1303 5900 0004 8108 BBVAESMMXXX. Please, indicate BG (Group Trip) and the application number in the subject field.
- Any other comments will be provided in the application form.